Previously we discussed the ways on how we can be ready and save up some cash to enrol our child in an international school.
Now that your child has managed to successfully managed to enrol in an international school, what are the measures you can take to support your child’s education in an international school continuously without having a hard time paying for the school fees?
Here are some ways that you can take into consideration if you have a child that is studying in an international school.
Manage your expenses well
If you have managed to enrol your child in an international school and you are just a little above the middle class in society, then it is always advisable that you spend your money wisely and not be a spendthrift. This is especially the case if you’re not wealthy as you do not want to overspend or spend the money that has been set aside for your child’s tuition fees.
Always try to pay on time or before the due date
Never pay later than the required date as it will tarnish the reputation of your child and yourself if other students and parents find out. To prevent this from happening you should always make sure that you have prepared the money that is needed to pay the fees.
Rather than pay on time, it is even better if you can pay the fees before the due date because the longer you hold the money the higher the chance of you being tempted to spend it.
Always have an emergency fund
Unexpected situations are bound to happen and unfortunately, we are not able to control such situations especially when it comes to financial matters. Sometimes, there are emergencies that we are required to face, and some of them don’t come at a cheap price.
To make sure that you can tackle such a situation when it happens, it is crucial to set aside some emergency funds, either in the bank or a safe, to secure your child’s future because we all understand how tuition fees in international schools can be rather expensive. It is always best to have spare cash ready as you will never know what might happen.
Save before you spend
This is a great tactic that is very useful no matter the purpose. In this case, it is crucial for parents to properly save up your income so that you’ll have enough money in the future.
The technique is to save up 40 percent of your income and use the remaining 60 percent as the expenses for your needs. You can always adjust your savings and expenses according to the fees that you need to pay and of course, base it on your own salary as well.
Minimize your necessities
Though your necessities are indeed essential, you should keep it to a minimum and not overspend on them as you have a family to feed and children to send to school. Compared to necessities, needs are more critical as your responsibilities come first before anything else.
Now that you know of these simple tips, you should know how to manage your expenses better and be able to sustain your child’s education well in an international school.