- Cleanse your face twice daily at least: One way to keep up with oily skin when it comes to acne treatment is to wash at least two times during the day. You can do this using a facial cleanser or foaming soap. If you are experiencing acne breakouts too, cleanse your face every time you sweat so that you do not get another type of acne called acne mechanica. You should also make sure not to over-cleanse your face to prevent irritation.
- Use an Astringent: Astringents are excellent for oil control in the skin. They help get rid of excess oil and keep your skin pores tight. To use an astringent on your skin, dip a cotton ball or pad into the astringent and wipe over the face or skin. You should always apply astringents after cleansing your face.
- Use water-based skin care products that do not contain oil at all: You do not want to add more oil to your skin; therefore, make sure all the skin care products you are going to use are oil-free such as makeup, sunscreen, moisturizers because these kinds of products are usually left on the skin for long periods.
- Do not scrub your skin: Using abrasive scrubs and pads on your skin will not reduce your skin’s oiliness or help you get rid of your acne. Scrubbing irritates an oily skin and the only good you can do you oily skin is to be gentle with it.
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliants reduce excess oil in the skin, and they make large pores look a lot better. They can help you reduce those large pores.
error: Content is protected !!